The Past Several Days......

I can think all of you enough for your prayers and support. I am extremely grateful for your prayers and money and for all the life that was spoken into me before I left. It truly has been an experience the past week and I have not been able to blog. So here is my week in capsule form. The past several days I have:

  • seen Big Ben, Parliament, London Bridge
  • Eaten at "The Albert"
  • seen monkeys, baboons, zebras and ostriches
  • Eaten at a place called the Simba Hotel (they generally use the word hotel and restaurant as the same word) where I was served deep fried chicken served with several hairs and that was too hard to chew
  • slept at a hotel called "Babylon"
  • ridden in a bus that arrived 6 hrs late and that broke down (45 minutes into the journey) for 6 hrs. We were told the possibility was very high that we would have to sleep in the bus in a small village that was in the middle of no where.
  • ridden on the worst dirt road ever in the back of a bus. After the ride my lungs were sandboxes from all the dirt I breathed in, my insides were mush, my spine probably looked like your average tree branch, and I was convinced that I would never be able to have kids again due to all the bouncing
  • taken a bucket bath
  • eaten amazing fresh African fruit (Pineapples, Mangos, Oranges, Lichis, Bananas, finger bananas and then Avocado and Cucumber)
  • experienced Africa Chai Tea!!! :)
  • ridden in an STL vehicle
  • been to several 6 hr African church services (i will blog about the first one in the next few days)
  • seen 6 ft tall anthills
  • seen Mt. Kilimanjaro
  • traveled with Msunga (General Secretary of the Christ's Ambassadors of the Tanzanian Assemblies of God), Puta-Puta (Assisstant CA Director of the TAG), and Mkomba (National CA Director of the TAG)
  • seen the Indian Ocean
  • sat in the "hotseat" (since the Muslim population is so high, anytime you eat pork you are in the "hotseat")

I will blog some more cultural stuff later and post pics when I get a chance. Thanks for thinking of me and praying for me. God has been faithful and is going to do good things this year! Check back in the next few days for more blogs. Love you and dont be a stranger......

5 comments:

Unknown May 28, 2009 at 6:15 AM  

Mr. Freeman! You are already doing incredible things...I'm so proud! Have you seen any crazy animals? Make sure to take lots of pics...not like you won't...but I gotta remind you! What is the lord showing you? You gone to see my friend yet? Seen any ladies with beards? lol, love you brother!

Anonymous May 28, 2009 at 10:51 AM  

lol, ive definitely been baptized into culture, language, food, traveling and EVERYTHING!! it was pretty rough adjusting the first few days but ive come around now. I havent taken in pics in africa yet, only in london but i have seen some cool animals. i havent had much time to get into the Word until today but ive been reading proverbs cuz once i make a complete switch i dont know what to read. ive also been reading 1 corinthians and read the verse that says may everything you do be enriched by God (1 cor 1:5) and that has become my prayer for you guys back home. miss you and love you and still waiting for your friend to give me a baby

Anonymous May 28, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

AAAh! Paul, its been a week and the family misses you already!

My favorites out of your adventures thus far are: Seeing London Bridge, ofcourse drinking African Chai Tea while IN AFRICA :), Riding in a STL vehicle, taking a bucket bath hahahaha, and gazing at God's wonderful creation called Mt. Kilimanjaro!

Actually I favor all of them because they're all AWESOME!!!

Anonymous May 29, 2009 at 6:21 AM  

lol, yea its been fun. today we were offered marijuana so we left real quick. a guy tried to rip us off and charge us tsh 10000 instead of tsh 4000. it was fun. we practiced swahili and walked around the town and some different shops that sold wood stuff and necklaces. the chai is ridiculously good here and ive had it all but 2 of the days since ive been here. we can have it in the morning and evening and are usually forced to take either that or coffee. at least we were because we were going into different pastors houses as we traveled.

Anonymous May 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

I think its pretty ironic that you were always talking about drugs...and your first week you're straight up offered some. haha

And in regards to being obliged to drink Chai and Coffee everyday....

I'm almost speechless, jealous:) and incredibly happy for you.

Post a Comment

Info

My Myspace

My Facebook

Email Adress:
spec1alolymp1st@gmail.com

Cell Phone Number:
+011 255 784 707 997

Followers

About this blog